Thursday 30 October 2014

FOTD #6: Simple Mouse Halloween Make Up


Hi everyone! I hope you're all keeping well. I haven't posted anything in a while, I've wanted to but I've just not had anything that I've particularly wanted to post about in the last while until today.

Last weekend the boyfriend decided to tell me last minute that we were going to the Pumpkin Festival which is a festival that happens where I live on the Halloween bank holiday, there's all sorts to do at it including fireworks (which were great) and the main event is fancy dress. 

With it being last minute I had no costume for said fancy dress and no time to think up an idea. So in a mad rush to get something that would do I picked up a set of mouse ears for €4 in the local joke shop and told myself id make an attempt with make up to turn myself into a mouse. If you follow me on Instagram you've probably already seen my photos of how it turned out.

I thought it would turn out disastrously bad but I ended up being pretty happy with the way it turned out, so I've decided to share what I did to help any of you that don't have an idea for a costume yet, haven't got much of a budget or like me - didn't have time to think of anything! 




So I first applied my foundation, concealer, contour and blush as I usually do, then I filled in my brows.

Next were the eyes. You cant clearly see them here but I used two eye shadows in my crease from Urban Decay's smoked palette, I used a mixture of backdoor and blackout, concentrating blackout mainly on the outer v of my eyes and slightly into the crease, i also ran both shadows along my bottom lash line. I then went into my Stila in the light palette and patted kitten all over my lid and in the inner corners. Next I took a black gel liner across my upper lash line and winged it out a little for a subtle cat eye. I then applied lashes which in my opinion is what pulled the whole look together.

Now for the fun part! I took a pencil liner, I used Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in perversion as I thought it was the least likely to smudge everywhere. I drew the outline of a round nose and then filled the middle of it in with the liner once i was happy with the shape. Next I drew the whiskers, trying to keep as steady a hand as I could as you can see from the picture it wasn't so steady on the first whisker! (oops!)

To finish this really simple look off I took some eyelash glue and some nail art decorations and glued them onto the tops of my cheekbones under my eyes and then I went for a red lip to finish everything off.

The whole look took no longer than it would usually take me to get ready for a night out and though its very simple to put together it worked really well and though I was worried about the liner on my face smudging it didn't budge at all! So for being in such a rush to pull something together I'm very happy with the way it turned out, sometimes I think the simplest costumes are the best ones!

I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween! What are you dressing up as this year?

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love it! Tomorrow I am dressing up as a zombie kid to work. It is mainly an excuse to wear PJs on the job....lol! Other than that, I am still working on my costume.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! Haha I would use any excuse to be able to wear PJs all day so Halloween does sound as good as any!

      Delete
  2. we swished Halloween was celebrated more widely in Australia just so we had an excuse to dress up like we're kids again!!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame that it isn't! But who really needs an excuse? ;-P

      Delete
  3. Love this!!

    Lilly. xx
    heyhellolilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous (:

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know (:

    123danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, love it (:


    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know.

    123danielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. a mouse is such a cute halloween costume idea! love it
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...