Tuesday 21 February 2012

DIY Beauty: Lip Scrub

Hi Everyone!

Lately i've been really concious of what is in the products i've been using, especially what's in my skincare. I've also been pretty concious of the price of natural and organic products....it's insane! I haven't got a lot of money to play around with, and I hate spending too much money on anything, especially skincare. So i've been doing a little dabbling in home made beauty products, and for the most part i'm seeing great results from some of this stuff, so I thought i'd share it. The first thing I want to share is my Lip Scrub recipe. It's so easy, and you probably have all the stuff you need in your kitchen already, so no need to rush to the shops to get anything!


Homemade Lip Scrub

What You Will Need: 

  • Small jar/container with a lid (for mixing and storing your lip scrub in)
  • Honey/Golden Syrup (Honey is the best)
  • Olive oil (Sunflower oil will do if you don't have this)
  • Sugar (Any kind will do, white sugar or brown, also the coarser the sugar is the better)
  • A tinted lipbalm/lipstick if you want to add colour to your scrub.
  • A toothpick or something to mix with

What to do:
  • Squeeze a little of the Honey/Syrup into your container. If your Honey has crystalised, dont worry you can still use it.
  • Add a few drops of olive oil, this is the moisturising ingredient, so it's important not to skip this ingredient. Also if you want to use Vaseline or another balm here instead you can, but I like to use oil, as this scrub tastes so good I end up licking it off and I don't want to be eating Vaseline!
  • Add a teaspoon of Sugar and mix. If the scrub is looking a little too thick, add a few more drops of olive oil to thin it. I usually use two to two and a half teaspoons of sugar, as I like the scrub to be really coarse, you can add as little or as much sugar as you want.
  • If you want to tint your scrub, add in a little of your tinted balm/lipstick and mix well to tint the scrub, I dont do this because I like to keep the scrub as natural as possible.

Tada! You have a lovely lip scrub! :-D

To use the lip scrub you just apply it like a balm, rub it into your lips as gently or as rough as you want to and then you can wash or lick it off! I usually lick mine off as i dont put vaseline in it its completely edible, and it tastes yummy!
I'm left with really soft lips,it removes any dry skin you may have too. I also recommend applying a good balm after this to make lips extra soft! I use my eos balm sphere because theyre my favourite! Using the scrub makes sure that any balm you put on will really get into your lips and work as there's no old dead skin sitting there.

You can store this in the fridge for up to a week. I find the scrub is gentle enough to use everyday, but you need to be more gentle rubbing it on your lips if you plan to do it everyday. I do have to make more of this every week, but it takes less than five minutes to do so it's no hassle making it.

I hope you enjoy trying this out, i've been doing this for a few weeks now and have been getting great results from it, if you've tried this and it's worked or have any other ideas to make this better please leave a comment and let me know : )

Thanks for reading! 

X o X

1 comment:

  1. Wow ~ I love sugar scrubs ,( I am obsessed with them now ! )
    thanks so much for this sweet recipe :)
    Will try it out definetly !

    xxx

    sarahlovesblogging.blogspot.ca

    p.s. your blog posts are brilliant , and always have an interesting vibe ~ I love your blog !

    ReplyDelete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...