Monday 10 June 2013

Where Have I Been? And My Summer Essentials


To say that I have had a busy few months since I posted last is an understatement! I actually didn't even realise I last posted in April, I thought it had only been a few weeks since I posted I've just been so flat out! 
Basically I've been so busy because my boyfriend and I have moved in together! We spent a few weeks looking at places online, and didn't like the look of any of them, but we eventually saw an apartment we liked the look of, arranged a viewing and we liked it so much when we went to view it that we decided that though its the only place we looked at we didn't want to look at anymore and we wanted this one, and I'm glad to say that I am now sat in that apartment typing this post :-)
As well as all the excitement of moving, we have actually been having somewhat of a summer here in Ireland for the past few weeks, the weather has been so hot here that I feel sorry for those who have booked holidays abroad, as they're seriously missing out on a miracle here weather wise! 
So with the temperature rising, my make up choices have swayed even more so to the natural side of things (I am a neutrals kind of girl) I have swapped heavy duty foundations and lipstick for BB cream and lip gloss, and in doing so I've discovered a few products that I don't think I'll be able to live without.

Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream


I hadn't fallen for the hype of BB creams, my skin has always been pretty bad and I thought there's no way that they'd cover up blemishes etc, but my skin has calmed down a ton lately and a few weeks back they had an offer on in boots cant remember exactly what the offer was but I ended up being able to grab Maybelline's Dream Pure BB cream for a fiver instead of nearly €12. I didn't expect much from this, but I fell in love with it. It gives a decent amount of coverage while still looking natural and looking and feeling like you have nothing on your skin. I even walked into the sitting room a few times after putting make up on and the boyfriend actually complimented me on my skin saying it looked really clear and I looked really nice, which is a huge deal as Noel doesn't ever notice anything that I put on my face! 

MAC In Extra Dimension Blush At Dusk



I went to Mac a while back and picked up a few things, this blush being one of them. Its a dusky pink shade that has the slightest hint of golden shimmer to it. I was worried it was going to make me look like a disco ball when applied, but I was pleasantly surprised. The shimmer doesn't seem to transfer at all and you're just left with a lovely soft and natural peachy pink flush to your cheeks. It's also nice built up for a more dramatic look.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette



Ive only had the Naked Basics Palette for a week or so, so I wont go in to too much detail as I want to do a separate post on it but - I 'effing adore the thing! A lot more than I actually thought I would in fact.

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Mist


Again, this is another one that got me compliments from the boyfriend! I was in the body shop messing around with some stuff, this being one of them but decided I wasn't going to get anything, went out of the shop to meet himself who didn't even say hello he said "did you spray something new on yourself? I really like it" so I turned on my heels and went and bought it! 
It's the perfect summer scent, and I'm so annoyed I hadn't found it sooner because I love it so much. It really does smell like strawberries too!

Soap and Glory Heel Genius Amazing Foot Cream


My feet are so neglected! I wanted to show them some TLC, so i picked this up from boots. Ive never tried any soap and glory stuff before and have always been curious about it. I'm so glad I got this, it's made my feet super soft and sandal ready, so if you have trouble with dry skin on your feet, get this put a good layer on your feet and pop some socks over it and it'll leave your feet super smooth!

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm



I seriously cant praise this enough! Its a thick, heavenly smelling heavy duty lip balm that leaves lips feeling so hydrated and soft. I also love using it as a base under lipsticks to help them glide on and to stop them drying out my lips. Its tricky to get hold of some chemists have it but if you cant find one that stocks Nuxe products, you can get it from Cloud 10 Beauty here.

So these are my recent discoveries that are now firm favourites, I can see myself using all of these products all year round but the majority of them are perfect for summer use, especially with this crazy heatwave we've been having.

So, what are your summer essentials? Leave a comment telling me below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...