Sunday 16 June 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


I mentioned in my Summer Essentials post that I had recently bought Urban Decay's latest edition to their Naked line, the Naked Basics Palette.
I may be a little late to the party with this one as it's been out for ages now and every beauty blog under the sun has a review on this palette. I wasn't going to do one for that reason when I got it, but I've ended up falling in love with it and feel the need to give it a post of it's own!

L-R: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave

Swatches L-R: Venus, Foxy and Walk of Shame

Swatches L-R: Naked 2, Faint and Crave


So just in case you have been living under a rock and actually haven't heard about it, Naked Basics is a six pan eyeshadow palette that features all matte shades, with the exception of the first shade Venus, which is a slightly pearlecent shade, great for highlighting.
The other five shades in the palette are all thoroughly matte shades. I thought that as they are all matte that would mean chalky, badly pigmented shadows - I was completely wrong and very blown away by the buttery texture and great colour pay off of each shadow. 
naturally the darker shades are more pigmented but the lighter shades are nice too, personally I don't think there's a dud shade in the palette.
It's a nice sized palette too, not even a fraction of the size of the original Naked or the Naked 2 palette, so great for travel.


Comparison of palette sizes

Naked Basics really is a little beaut of a palette and has become the palette I automatically reach for daily. It's great to have a range of completely matte shades that still pack a punch pigmentation wise. I love my Naked and Naked 2 palettes, but this is what I would consider to be the best out of the three palettes in terms of the "Naked Look" that they're supposed to give. 
So definitely a must have palette for Neutral lovers like myself, do you own the Naked Basics palette, what are your thoughts on it? 


10 comments:

  1. I totally agree! it's such a beaut of a palette isn't it? I love how gorgeous a matte smoky eye can look with this kit.. when I'd never normally wear one! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing little palette so much you can do with it, love a good matte smoky eye its so easy to do with these shadows too, theyre just like butter! :)Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I still love my original Naked and my Naked 2 but Basics has just blown me away when I really wasn't sure if I would like it :) X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm following your blog now!! I am dying for the NAKED basics palette!! lol

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Kia, always love finding new blogs to read :) I have one to give away soon so keep an eye out for that! Xx

      Delete
  4. I am still on the fence about this one, since I have so many eyeshadows already, and I am sure tons of dupes, but this is pretty darn tempting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on the fence about it for months Melanie for the same reasons, but im so glad I got it the quality alone just makes it worth it even if you have dupes Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had this 6 months now, still not managed to try, I will now! Bean's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used this palette in ages! I really love it and I need to dig it out and use it more often! x

      Delete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...