Sunday 6 November 2011

Lip Tint Pens

So over the last few months i've been kind of obssesed with these new lip tint pens that are out everywhere.I love the matte colour they give off and how hassle free it would be to not worry about having to re-appy lipstick or lipgloss a thousand times a day. So far i've tried out four of them and when I say tried out I mean i've been wearing them non stop and really testing them out. These are the ones I have been using


Left-Right: Max Factor Lipfinity in 04, GOSH Long Lasting Lip Marker in 001 Red, Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain in 150 Tender Rose, Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Frenzy

Swatched


Left-Right: Max Factor Lipfinity in 04, GOSH Long Lasting Lip Marker in 001 Red, Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain in 150 Tender Rose, Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Frenzy

I've been pretty obssesed with trying to find a GOOD one of these that actually lasts. Some of these are okay, but none of them great. Suppose i'll start with my least favourite, which is the Max Factor one.
I love Max factor, they generally come out with great stuff, and they were the first ones who really did this lip tint pen thing so I was so excited about this all those months ago. When I got it, it was great, absolutley loved it, the colour was great and it did seem to last an hour or two no matter what I was doing, eating or drinking or *ahem* even kissing. After the first day, it all went pear shaped! Went to put on my beloved lip tint the second day of owning it, and it had DRIED UP!! I was so annoyed! I had heard people having this problem with them though and saw that people had wet the felt tip end under a tap and the pen worked as good as new again so I tried this. It did make the felt tip wet again yes, but there was practically no colour coming out, there was a really faint barely noticable pinkish colour coming out when it was supposed to be this awesome bright berry colour (the colour before this happened was very like the swatch of the Revlon lip tint, only a bit brighter) When it was going on my lips it wasn't even showing up. So basically, I threw this one aside until now haven't bought another incase the same thing happened and I lost out on more money. So I don't really recommend this one, but that's just my experience of it, others could have had a good one with it.
The next one is the GOSH Lip Marker. This one is one of the okay ones. It smells a bit weird and dosen't taste overly nice, which isn't a huge problem unless you're like me and like to have nice tasting stuff on your lips. It does last an hour or two, the colour fades farly evenly, it hasn't dried out on me at all, there's still plenty of colour coming out onto my lips. The only problem I have with it is that this one is supposed to be red. It's more of an orangey colour, so if you're after a really red tint, this isn't really that red. There are lots more colours available though and I will be picking up some more of those when this one runs out.
The next one is the Maybelline Colour Sensational one. Again there are good and bad things about this one. This one looks very light when swatched but it goes a good bit darker on your lips. It smells good. The colour is nice and it goes on easy, the only thing is it dosent last very long. I put this on have it on for twenty minutes or so and it's really starting to fade at that point, and not fading evenly at that. The fleshy bit of your lips where you want the colour to be fades really quickly and your left with a line of colour around your mouth that looks like you've applied a lip liner and forgotten to do anything else to your lips, which isn't a good look. So overall the colour is good, but it's not good if you want a really long wearing tint.
The last one is the Revlon Just Bitten lipstain and balm. This stuff caught my eye because it's a stain and balm, which I thought was great because these lip pens can be very drying on your lips and it was nice to see that they put that little extra touch to it. The colour on this one is amazing, it's really bright and actually comes out as pink on your lips as the colour of the outside of the pen. It smells good and hasn't dried out at all. The colour lasts a while, but again it fades the same way that the Maybelline one does, which is it's only draw back. If the way it fades was sorted out this would be my favourite one out of all of them.
My favourite out of these four would be the GOSH one. It lasts the longest and doesn't fade in the bad way that the others do. The Max Factor is my least favourite, it's an absoloute no no for me now because of the problems I had with it.
These are all around €10 and i've seen them all available in loads of different places, so they're not hard to find at all.My search continues to find a really great lip tint pen, and if anyone has tried a really great one, please let me know!

Thanks for reading and take care


XoX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...