Tuesday 8 November 2011

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner



First of all I want to apologize for how messy my eyeliner looks in the packaging, i didn't realise how bad it looked until had uploaded the photos to my laptop and when I was trying to take more to make it look better, my batteries died and I haven't any more lying around right now, so these will have to do!
As you can tell from the above photos I have had this for a while and have used it lots. Before I got this gel liner, I had been using the older Essence gel liners, I think it was under their Most Wanted range, but that one really put me off gel liners, it was hard to work with and I vowed i wouldn't get another again. But then Maybelline brought out this little gem!
This liner claims to be highly pigmented, oil free, smudge proof, waterproof for up to 24 hours, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. It's a really creamy liner, very black, actually the blackest gel liner i've ever seen. It goes on like a dream, this is so easy to work with, it just glides on so easily, and it really is as black on your eyes as it looks in the littlepot. The liner also comes with a brush. The bush is okay, but I prefer to use an angled liner brush when i'm using this, as you get a cleaner line from it, in the pictures below, I have applied it with the brush that comes with it so you can see how it makes it look.





The look it gives with the brush is okay, but using an angled liner brush just makes it look a little neater. You can use this liner to just define your eyes like I have above, or you can do some sexy, dramatic, winged or cat eyeliner.
The only thing with this that's not so good about this is that after an hour or so of wearing it, the liner can transfer to the middle of your eye lid with that awful upsidedown almost "stamp" of the shape this is in on your lash line. So the best thing to do with this is to place a small amount of a completely matte shadow over this on your lash line to set it, and that way you won't get the stamp on your lid.
Over all, I think this is a great liner. It's similar to the MAC Fluid line, but a lot cheaper! I got this in Boots when it first came out, and it was €13 I think, it may have gone down a bit in price by now because it has been out a while. So if you're looking for a good gel liner that is easy to work with, this is great.
Also thought I would mention that the eye shadow i'm wearing in the photos is from the Urban Decay Smoke Out kit that I reviewed the other day.

 Thanks for reading and take care!

 XoX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...